11 Apr Overcoming ‘Vyadhi’….upcoming programs
व्याधिस्त्यानसंशय प्रमादालस्याविरति भ्रान्तिदर्शनालब्ध भूमिकत्वानवस्थितत्वानि चित्तविक्षेपास्तेऽन्तराया: । Patanjali Yoga Sutra 1-30
According to Sage Patanjali, there are nine primary obstacles that a seeker may face on the spiritual path. The first obstacle is Vyadhi, meaning, the body not being well for a multitude of reasons.
The other eight obstacles basically relate to the mind not being well.
When the body is not well, it can consume all your time and attention. And even when the body is well, the mind can still be very occupied with the body’s wellness and appearance. Then also, you are faced with the Vyadhi obstacle.
The Yogic Approach for Overcoming Vyadhi is Four-fold
1. Proper care of the body.
It requires proper exercise, proper nutrition, and proper rest.
2. Proper care of the prana sheath.
The health of your prana sheath plays a vital role in keeping your body well. In order to overcome Vyadhi, you need to make your prana sheath energetic, lively, and stronger.
3. Transcending the Body.
In spite of all your efforts the body still may not be well. In such cases, one must learn to relax and not let the physical problem become a mental problem. In order to overcome Vyadhi fully, it is essential to learn and master the practice of transcending the body, whether it is well or not. Transcending is much more than just accepting.
4, Proper Care Of Mind
Once you become good at the above three, taking care of the mind becomes so much easier.
Programs for Overcoming Vyadhi
I will be offering the following 4 programs for overcoming Vyadhi. 1. ‘Healthier Me’
Learning to take proper care of the body
2. ‘FAT Yogi’ ( Fit & Trim Yogi)
This program will take the fitness of your body and trimness of your mind to the next level.
3. ‘Rejuvenation of Prana Sheath’
4. ‘Transcending the Physical’
This year I will be offering only the ‘Healthier Me’ program online.
Aug 1 – Oct 30
In this three-month online program, you will receive the needed tools, guidance, and inspiration to follow a disciplined lifestyle for making your body fit, strong, and energetic.
Who is the ‘Healthier Me’ program for?
It is for you if:
1. You constantly struggle to remain well, fit, and energetic.
2. You are not sure how to take proper care of yourself, or you know what to do but lack the discipline to do it.
4. Your self-confidence and interest have gone down, or you may have given up your effort with this wrong notion that this is how the things are going to remain for you.
7. You have been practicing yoga for a long time but still, you have below average flexibility and strength
8. Your body mostly feels tired, heavy, and sluggish.
9. You are considering becoming a yoga teacher but lack the discipline for self-care. This would be a good place to begin.
10. You just want to do it.
This program is not for you if you are already taking proper care of yourself and are mostly healthy and fit. You may come to
‘The FAT Yogi’ program when offered. However, if you still wish to join this program, you are welcome to apply for it.
Disclaimer: Please note that by taking care of your body properly, some of your medical issues may also get better, but the ‘Healthier Me’ program is not a substitute for any medical treatment or attention that you may require.
Main Features of the ‘Healthier Me’ Program
1. Initial consultation on Skype to discuss your current fitness status, and to set practical goals for you.
2. A gradually progressive exercise program that is suited just for you.
3. Skype calls, as needed, to discuss your progress, and to make any needed changes to your program.
4. Guidance for proper nutrition. I will share some of my quick and nutritious recipes with you.
5. Guidance on cooking and eating properly, combined with a few tips for eating a little less and still feeling full and content.
6. Guidance for reducing stubborn pains in the body.
7. Correction of some of your asanas on Skype
8. Guidance for the needed exercise equipment that is practical, easy to use, and inexpensive.
9. Tips on improving your pranayama practice.
10. You will receive my weekly audio or video recording of one of my
11. I will be there with you to guide and inspire you for the full duration of this program
12. Much more, as needed
The Program Languages: English and Hindi.
For other languages, you will need to arrange your own translator.
Only $300.00 (Canadian) for the whole 3 months duration. You could easily spend this much money or even more for a weekend wellness workshop.
Because of my extensive time involved in this program and personal commitment to you, the registration is limited to 100 participants only.
How to register
Please apply by sending me an email with a very brief description of yourself and your wellness issue(s). Also, mention if previously you have taken any courses with me. My previous students always get a priority.
Upon acceptance, you can register on this website.
If interested please write to me at Krishan@shudham.org
Your Body Is a Temple
Your body is actually not yours. It is a temporary gift to you from God, for you to experience the world and to experience the Divinity within you. It is your responsibility to take care of this Divine gift.
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.” Corinthians 6:19
Marina sings and plays the guitar so beautifully. I felt privileged to be able to play flute with her in Montenegro.
Upcoming Advanced Teacher Training Course
As some of you have requested, I am considering offering
300-hours advanced yoga teacher training course in 2020 for yoga teachers. More information to follow later
Next post: The 3rd and 4th stages of a seeker life