1977 – Technical University of Nova Scitia : Graduated with Degree in Electrical Engineering . B.Eng
1977 – 1980 Staff Engineer – Nova Scotia Power, Halifax
- Was involved in the Design of Overhead and Underground Power Distribution Systems
- Was involved in the troubleshooting of problems in Power Sub-stations.
1980 – 82 Electrical Egineer W. N. Horner Engineering, Truro, Nova Scotia
- Designed Electrical Systems for various Commercial and Municiapal Bulidings
- Prepared drawings, specifications, and estimates for Electrical Projects
- The projects included some or all of the electrical systems; Interior and Exterior Lighting, Power Distribution, Fire Alarm, Security, Emergency Power Systems etc
- Supervised and inspected Electrical Work during construction to ensure that all specifications and electrical code requirements were met.
1982 – 1987 Electrical Engineer Public Works Canada, Halifax
- Same as above , except the buildings involved were Federally Owned or Leased
- Supervised and monitored the work of private Electrical Enginerring Consultants who were hired by Public Works to design cetain projects.
1987 -2000 Manager, Electrical Engineering,
- All the responsibilities listed above for various Provincial Buildings, including Schools, and Hospitals, ranging in budget fron $50000 – $20,000,000.
- Managed all functions of the Electrical Enginerring Section including hiring of the staff, assigning projects to Electrical Engineers, providing technical and professional guidance, monitoring and reviewing their work and progress, and setting and writing of standards for the Electrical work for Provincial Buildings.
Resigned in 2000 to pursue my interest in yoga and spirituality.